As a traveller in the Indian capital, you will find an ample number of places to visit. The city offers various Mughal forts to the British designed historical buildings. Among all of these, there is a religious place you will find common in every Delhi Darshan package is Gurudwara Shri Bangla Sahib. It is one of the popular places in Delhi where every visitor visits once. Being one of the most pious destinations of Sikh religion, one can see all religions people witnessing the beauty of this Gurudwara. During holidays, this place receives the bunch of people of all supremacies and castes.
It is believed that during 1664, the 8th Guru of Sikhs, Shri Guru Har Krishan Sahib Ji, stayed at this historical place. It is also believed that he helped the people of that time when an epidemic spread all over. It was also the residence of Raja Jai Singh. After the demise of Guru Ji, Raja Jai Singh planned to build a tank in his dedication. It is still said that water present in this tank is believed to have proven medicinal properties and almost every devotee takes this water with him. This bungalow was recreated into a Gurudwara which is now popular as Gurudwara Shri Bangla Sahib.
- Type – Place of Worship for Sikhism
- Origin – 17th Century
- Previous Name – Jai Singh Pura Palace
- Dedication – 8th Sikh Guru, Guru Har Krishan
- Style of Architectural – Architecture for Sikhs
- Material Employed – White Marble
- Location - Hanuman Road Area, Connaught Place
- Timings – Any time of the Day, 24x7x365 Days
- Timings for Langar – 9 AM – 3 PM
- Popular for – Bliss Seekers, God Lovers
- Entry Fee - Free
- Photography – Not Allowed
- What to Wear – Keep your shoes out and keep your head covered, both ladies & gents.
- Nearest Metro Station - Orange Line of DMRC, Shivaji Stadium Metro Station
Langar of Gurudwara Bangla Sahib
Gurudwaras across the country is famous for its delicious Langar. If you want to enjoy this free vegetarian meal with almost 10,000 people every day at the biggest Langar hall then do not miss to visit this. The meal is available for all its visitors, no matters which caste he or she belongs, religion or status in the society, every single individual is welcome with all heart.
Reasons to Visit the Complex of Gurudwara Bangla Sahib
- Heritage Multimedia Museum of Baba Baghel Singh Sikh Heritage
- Check out kitchen where food for lakh of people prepared and served on hours basis.
- Experience the history of Sikhism in an art gallery with pictures and paintings.
- A water tank or Sarovar
Gurudwara Bangla Sahib is a must to see in Delhi Sightseeing tour. Enjoy the peaceful atmosphere and calmness. Take a break from your stressful routines & chaotic life and feel the positive vibes. Do not miss your visit to this historical peace of culture.